03 Julai 2012

Fab news for Queens Park Rangers as United defender joins on season-long loan

Queens Park Rangers have completed the signing of Manchester United full-back Fabio on a season-long loan.

The Brazilian, who joined United in 2008, will meet up with his new team-mates next Monday.

'I'm so happy to be here,' said Fabio, who made only five Barclays Premier League appearances last season.

Welcome to Loftus Road: The youngster has agreed a loan deal at QPR

Welcome to Loftus Road: The youngster has agreed a loan deal at QPR

'This loan is so important for me in terms of my career. I want to play as many games as possible here. I want to play well and win games as well. It's a good move for my career and for my confidence.

'Sir Alex Ferguson said that I'd enjoy it here and told me to play as many games as I can.'

He added: 'I know that QPR is a club with great history. I read about the history and that's why I'm here.

'I also came here because I'm ambitious. I want to help QPR progress up the Premier League.

On the move: Fabio has joined Queens Park Rangers on a season-long loan

On the move: Fabio has joined Queens Park Rangers on a season-long loan

'Hopefully the fans will enjoy watching me in action, because I'll do my best.'

Fabio joined United from Fluminense alongside twin brother Rafael - who today penned a new four-year deal at Old Trafford.

Manager Mark Hughes is confident the 21-year-old will be a hit at Loftus Road next term.

Speaking to the club's website, Hughes said: 'It's a great opportunity for us to loan a good, young player, who has decent experience of playing for a top club like Manchester United.

'He's played a lot of senior games for United, so it shows the quality he's got.

'I know they think very highly of him and we believe he has all the attributes to be a success here next season.'

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

DUIT