22 November 2012

Gecko has its washing routine licked

 
Gecko tongue Tongue-believable ... gecko licks the water off its face 

 THIS cute critter’s washing routine is off the scale. The crested gecko used its tongue like a windscreen wiper to clear droplets of water from its eyes and nose. Snapper Ian Schofield, 34, watched as it then whipped its inch-longue tongue back and forth across its scaley face at Knowsley Safari Park in Liverpool. 

 
Gecko using it's tongue to wipe eye Geck-ing clean ... the critter wipes its eyes with its tongue

Ian, from Croydon, south London, said: “The gecko’s spiky skin gives it a menacing look but it didn’t look threatening as it licked its face. “It poked out its tongue and moved it across its face to clear the water, starting with its nose and towards its eye.  


Gecko standing on a tree branch Smiling ... the gecko post

 “Its tongue looked like a rasher of bacon and was pretty flexible. I certainly couldn’t get my tongue out that far.” He added: “I got within a few centimetres of the gecko as I took my photos and even thought I may touch it with my lens and some point.”

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

DUIT