04 Julai 2012

Three very hungry chicks

CTURED Skylark chicks with their brightly coloured open beaks looking like flowers.) - These may look like pretty flowers nestled in amongst a hay stack but look closely and you will find the mouths of three hungry little chicks. Luckily keen photographer, Gabor Pozsgai
Remarkable ... The chicks open their beautiful beaks

THESE may look like pretty flowers nestled in a hay stack, but look closely and you will find the mouths of three very hungry little chicks.

The striking image in very high focus was taken by keen photographer Gabor Pozsgai, 35, who had his camera to hand when he came across the nest on the main Shetland Island off Scotland.

Gabor captured the chicks in perfect timing as they tilted their heads back in the hope of a quick bite to eat, and revealed their beautiful orange and black speckled mouths.

Gabor, an insect ecologist, said: “I took about 1,000 photos that day and this one stood out to me immediately as being something special because of the bright colours.

“Normally these nests are well-hidden and I only happened to notice it because I was looking at the ground trying to take photos of insects.

“I take photographs of lots of different types of birds and insects so as soon as I saw the chicks I knew it would make a great photograph.”

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

DUIT